70th ANNUAL EXHIBITION
Friday 11th November – Saturday 10th December 2022
The Fergusson Gallery, Marshall Place, PH2 8NS
The opening night – Thursday 10th November 6pm – 8pm – PAA Members and Invited Guests only.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- MEMBERSHIP – Paid up Full members, Honorary members and Student members for 2022/2023 Season are eligible to submit work.
- ARTWORKS – Due to the limited Gallery space available this year each member may submit TWO artworks only (paintings, drawings, original prints (not giclee), sculptures, and craft in any medium). Maximum frame size
(wide)90cm x (hight)60cm approx. Please note these maximum new frame sizes for the Fergusson Gallery.
- FRAMING – ALL ARTWORKS MUST BE FRAMED and fitted only with larger rings set a third from top of each side of the back of the frame for hanging purposes.
Frame size not exceeding –Height 60cm x Width 90cm
NB: Works which do not comply with these requirements will not be accepted.
- ARTWORK DETAILS –
- a. An adhesive label with title, artist’s name and price should be stuck to the back of the artwork. Abstract work should indicate on the back of frame which way is up.
- A printed label should be completed with the same details and be securely fixed with string
through the rings so that it can be viewed from the front when the work is hung.
- Details on framed artwork schedule must match exactly those on the labels, as the exhibition catalogue is compiled from these and the Association cannot be held responsible for any errors.
- INSURANCE – Whilst all due care is exercised, neither the Association nor the The Fergusson Gallery accepts any liability for loss or damage to works during the setting up, duration and taking down of the exhibition. Artists are therefore advised to arrange their own insurance.
- SUBMISSIONS –Should be delivered to The Fergusson Gallery on Tuesday 25th October 2022 between 12.00-3.00pm.
- COMMISSION – All artworks are subject to 30% commission when sold.
- SUBMISSION FEE –£4.00 per painting payable on submission day.
- COLLECTION of unsold artworks – Wednesday14th DECEMBER 2022 between 11.00am – 2.00pm from The Fergusson Gallery.
If you are unable to collect, please arrange for someone to collect for you, as there are no storage facilities available at this address and charges maybe incurred for storing uncollected works.
- Awards & Trophies.
Jean Harkess Award for public vote. Awarded after the close of the Exhibition.
Stella Cormie Trophy for Portrait or figurative works (human or animal)
Allan Perera-Liyanage Trophy for watercolour mediums.
The Rodger Prize for a painting depicting Perth/Perthshire (landscape/Townscape/street or buildings).
The Lisbeth Gallacher Bowl for flower painting
Preview Evening – Thursday 10th November 2022 at the Fergusson Gallery, from 6.00 pm – 8.00pm.